At the 2019 edition of Event Tech Live, Deep Walia, the founder of DIGICOOL, took to the Marketing and Measurement Stage to present his experience in creating top content for events.
Deep stated that, over time, “the way we connect with our audience has changed” to include various types of formats. He used his time on stage to share his best tips for creating content that directly connects with your intended audience.
Generally, websites have 0.05 seconds to capture the attention of their users. If a website is slow or loads incorrectly, users can simply click off and find another source of the service/product they are looking for. Being able to successfully capture users’ attention in the first few seconds is critical for business.
“With two billion websites, how do you stand out?”
Deep listed five steps to success in this area:
- Content – be relatable, understand the user’s needs & tell a story
- Presentation – make it easy to understand, be relevant, use videos
- User journey – know your personas, present the obvious, use different formats
- Mobile – mobile-first, use FAQs, live by the three-second rule
- Performance – keep it light, regularly test, maintain updates
Event Tech Live is a leading global expo that showcases the very best event technology. It is returning to the Old Truman Brewery, London, on 4th-5th November 2020.
To keep up to date with Event Tech Live news and general news from the event industry, sign up to the Event Industry News newsletter.
This footage was kindly captured by our friends at First Sight Media.