Location: Brighton – Moulsecoomb
Salary: £24,285 to £27,131 per annum
Contract Length: 12 months
Fixed Term End Date: 02/01/2024
Closing Date: Friday 09 December 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Events Coordinator to join our team to support and coordinate a range of events and conferences at the University of Brighton.
Working with the Event Managers, you will assist in the organisation of a range of student, academic, research and corporate events. The role will see you putting to use your experience in venue management, coordination with operational partners and excellent customer service to deliver events and conferences that exceed expectations.
Working as part of a busy team with a wide remit, the successful role holder will:
• Undertake administration for events to ensure efficient and effective delivery of all event support services both on and off university campuses
• Lead on the coordination of small to medium-sized events
• Prepare professional communication materials for internal and external customers; for example, event schedules, programmes and status reports as per the agreed framework for each event.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Experience of working in an events /relevant administration role
• Excellent organisation and planning skills
• Excellent written communication skills (including proofreading skills) with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Good IT skills particularly MS Office packages
Southcoast Conferences and Events are the events and conference department at the University of Brighton and support a range of high-profile events and conferences for the institution as well as the commercial letting of the university facilities out of term time.
Benefits include local government pension scheme, a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus Christmas period and bank holidays, agile working, travel loan schemes.
This is a full-time, fixed-term post until 02/01/2024 to cover a period of maternity leave. Job-sharers are welcome to apply.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Laura Williams, Event Services Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from Minority Ethnic backgrounds because the university is underrepresented by Minority Ethnic staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us brighton.ac.uk section of our vacancies page.