45% of event industry professionals believe that they have seen signs of their employers placing more effort on workplace wellbeing in the last 12 months according to the findings of the biennial research from event industry wellbeing organisation, Stress Matters.
Other findings include:
- 28% of event industry professionals have taken time off work due to a mental health illness, 60% of these are under 35 years old
- 50% of company cultures now support employee wellbeing
- 67% people believe a company’s pro-active stress management approach will impact their future job choices
- 31% of respondents believe that a blame culture is causing them stress at work
- 28% won’t speak to colleagues or employers about when they are feeling overwhelmed as they don’t believe they would help
- 100% of those that have “all the training they need/want and all relevant” say their managers pro-actively care about their wellbeing
Laura Capell-Abra, founder of Stress Matters said: “We are really encouraged to see such huge progress in the event industry in terms of looking after our teams, however, we still have a long way to go.
“Many wellbeing initiatives that are being implemented are not being approached strategically and whilst we support that doing something is better than doing nothing, we need to approach wellbeing like we would any business strategy, with measurable goals and a clear plan.
“We are hugely thankful to our partners such as Unique Venues of London and The Event Marketing Association who have helped spread the message to their members and, of course, all the Pledgers that are now experiencing the benefits of their more positive workplace wellbeing.”
The survey had 430 respondents: 19% owners/executive level; 12% senior leadership team level; 28% operational management level; 26% entry or junior operational level; 15% other.
18% creative agencies; 8% exhibitions; 32% corporate events; 5% festivals/public events; 9% incentive travel and corporate hospitality; 8% production suppliers; 7% in-house planners; 6% venues and 7% other.
Join 15,000 + #eventprofs and get our e-newsletters direct to your inbox