Data specialist, Hellen Beveridge from Data Oversight, will be at the Expo & Engage Stage at 15:30 on day one to help organisers disentangle the many strands of GDPR.
Find out the answers to some of the most common, real-life questions regarding all things data protection, including GDPR and its requirements from event organisers.
Even though GDPR has been in place for over a year, it still generates more than a little confusion. However, since authoritative information is difficult to identify, coupled with a constant stream of information and judgements coming out of a plethora of EU institutions there is plenty to cause this befuddlement.
Event organisers and NGOs are particularly hard-hit as, for most, this is the first time they have faced personal responsibility for implementing complex legislative and governance requirements into their businesses.
Help is at hand though – as an attendee of our GDPR Q&A session, you will get to pick Hellen’s brains. Some of the FAQs she will cover include:
• Do I need to appoint data controllers and data processors?
• Do I need a Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
• Can I, as an owner, appoint myself as a DPO?
• Is GDPR a must for NGOs and charities?
• What about NGO projects (EU funds etc.,)?
• What about street photography and GDPR?
• Am I required to keep records of data processing activities?
• Can I collect and keep employee and invoice data?
• Is cold e-mailing allowed?
• What about old e-mail databases?
• Do I need consent for video surveillance?
Make sure you’re not the only one missing out! Register for free and head to the Expo & Engage Stage at 15:30 on 6th November to have all your GDPR questions answered.