Risky weather conditions have forced the hand of event organisers throughout the south of the UK as Britain braces for a weekend of gale-force winds and rainy conditions.
- Boardmasters, Cornwall
- Cornwood Show, Devon
- Plymouth Pride, Devon
- Day one of Ocean City Blues’n’Jazz Festival, Plymouth
- Honiton Gate to Plate, Devon
- Race across Torbay, Devon
- Houghton Festival, Norfolk
- Jungle Fever, Isle of Wight
- Day one of Blackpool Air Show
- Balloons InDurham (rescheduled for spring 2020)
Organisers of the Bristol’s Balloon Fiesta have also made major alterations to the schedule due to the adverse weather, though the event has not been cancelled. These changes include the cancellation of Thursday’s (8th) special shapes launch and Friday’s (9th) 6am and 6pm mass ascents.
The Met Office has issued several warnings for wind and rain to much of the UK. It has forecasted heavy rain for tonight: “The showers [across the UK] will be heavy and thundery at times, with coastal gales developing in the south.”
For tomorrow, it has predicted “slow-moving showers… with a risk of hail and thunder.”
This article will be updated throughout the day.
Join 15,000 + #eventprofs and get our e-newsletters direct to your inbox