British television broadcaster and award-winning author, June Sarpong MBE, will be the Master of Ceremonies (“MC”) and deliver the closing keynote at this year’s Cvent CONNECT Europe.
The industry-leading event technology conference hosted by Cvent will take place 14-16 October at the InterContinental London – The O2. More than 1,000 meeting, event and hospitality professionals are set to attend this year. The latest news follows on from last month’s announcement that Baroness Karren Brady CBE will deliver a keynote at Cvent CONNECT Europe.
June will take to the main stage to welcome attendees, introduce keynote speakers, and host two panel discussions covering important industry issues including women in leadership and diversity. June will also close out the conference presenting the final keynote, ‘Is Everyone in the Room?’ which will focus on the key role live events play in bringing people together, driving business, and offering opportunities to make more meaningful connections. The keynote will incorporate unique insights from her book, DIVERSIFY: Six Degrees of Integration, and address how companies can attain and retain a competitive edge by diversifying their employee base.
An established broadcaster, June is currently a panellist on the Sky News programme The Pledge, is the author of two award-winning books and is also co-founder of the WIE Network (Women: Inspiration & Enterprise). June’s extensive accolades engaging with live audiences includes hosting 2005’s ‘Make Poverty History’ event in London’s Trafalgar Square, presenting at the UK leg of ‘Live Earth’ in 2007 and in 2008, alongside Will Smith, hosting Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday celebrations in front of 30,000 people in London’s Hyde Park. June has also interviewed and introduced some of the world’s most recognised names including HRH Prince of Wales, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Bono and George Clooney.
Cvent CONNECT Europe will provide attendees with more than 70 thought leadership workshops, panel sessions and roundtable discussions covering the latest industry trends and best practices.
New session highlights announced include:
· Women in Leadership Panel: A panel of female industry leaders will discuss their journeys to success and offer guidance on how to advance, in addition to providing tips employers can implement to promote fairness and equality.
· Diversity Panel: Gender, sexuality and race are often at the top of the agenda. This panel aims explore the “hidden” diversity issues to seek out what’s missing from the discussion and how the industry can work together to make changes.
· Sustainability in Events Panel: In the first of two panel discussions; Fiona Pelham, CEO of Positive Impact, will present key findings of acceleration action – formed from the results of event professionals across the globe taking part in a survey launched as part of the United Nations Sustainable Goal Summit. In the second panel discussion industry experts will join Fiona to discuss the survey findings and steps to move forward to build a more sustainable industry.
· Ongoing Impact of GDPR: Cvent’s Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Lawrence Samuelson, together with Ruth Boardman from Bird & Bird Law Firm, will take attendees through the ongoing impact of GDPR – with an emphasis on understanding how critical stages of the event lifecycle are impacted and what can be done to stay compliant.
· Social Psychology for Event Managers: The session will explore how professionals can adopt the teachings of social psychology to make boardroom meetings go their way. The session will explore social psychology phenomena, such as “foot-in-the-door” and “door-in-the-face,” to get the best results from those around you.
Other session highlights include: Event Marketing, Event Design, Simplifying Strategic Meetings Management, Measuring Event ROI and the Pillars of Intelligence and How to get the most out of your Event App. The full conference agenda can be viewed here.
In addition to educational content, attendees can engage and interact with the latest product innovations and enhancement from Cvent’s Event and Hospitality Cloud platforms in the Innovation Pavilion. Additionally, the onsite Supplier Showcase connects event organisers with up to 40 exhibitors from across the industry including hotel chains, DMCs, incentive/gift, AV and travel/transportation providers.
To register or to learn more about Cvent CONNECT Europe, please visit the Cvent CONNECT Europe website.