Venue Name: Twickenham Stadium
Venue Type: Sporting Venue
Venue Website: www.twickenhamexperience.com
1. Describe the facilities Twickenham Stadium, offers for both event and exhibition organisers.
Twickenham Stadium “the home of English Rugby” is one of London’s leading conference and event venues and a destination for holding inspired business and social events of all types.
Twickenham offers excellent facilities including industry-leading technology and a wealth of flexible interior space. In all there are 25 dedicated spaces and rooms, many providing attendees and delegates with a view of the famous playing field that has inspired the national rugby team.
Twickenham Stadium is ideally located just 20 minutes from Central London and six miles from London Heathrow Airport, with excellent road links and over 2,000 free car-parking spaces on site. The stadium also benefits from an onsite 4* Marriott Hotel and Virgin Active Club.
What unique selling points does Twickenham Stadium have?
– 27 dedicated event spaces
– 150 pitch-facing boxes
– Capacity up to 1200 delegates
– Pitch-side access for drinks and BBQ receptions
– Access to the England Changing Rooms for drinks receptions or dinners
– Onsite 4* Marriott Hotel with 156 bedrooms
– 2000 complimentary car parking spaces
– VIP dining in the Twickenham Cellar
– Industry leading Audio-Visual equipment
– Complimentary Wi-Fi
– Award winning in-house catering
2. Tell us about some of the events that have taken place at Twickenham Stadium.
Twickenham can effortlessly cater for a wide variety of events from large-scale business conferences to private dinners, social receptions and smaller meetings.
One conference hosted at Twickenham, included the use of The Rose Suite and nine other spaces and saw 3,700 delegates attend across four days, serving 35,150 food items and 19,500 beverages, plus the first ever fairground on the concourse for lunchtime entertainment!
3. Do you have contractors/suppliers that regularly service your events and if so, how have they lent their particular expertise to the development of your events?
AVC is Twickenham Stadium’s onsite AV specialists and provides a first class technical support at events.
The Stadium is also privileged to offer award-winning catering from the in-house caterers. With experience of catering for thousands of guests on match-days, the food and drink offering at Twickenham is faultless even for the largest of parties.
4. How has Twickenham Stadium developed in the last 5 years?
In 2014, the venue underwent substantial renovations as part of the stadium’s £76m redevelopment plan ahead of the Rugby World Cup in 2015. This saw an overhaul of the venue’s VIP suites in the West Stand, including event spaces such as the England Changing Rooms and the President’s Suite. Since then, the venue has continued to develop its facilities and invested £300,000 into upgrading the Audio-Visual equipment in the South Stand in September 2015.
5. What strategies does Twickenham Stadium employ to support events taking place within it?
The team at Twickenham prides itself on a very personal approach to customer service and makes great efforts to portray to the client a greater understanding of their values and share with them the ways in which Twickenham can help to support and achieve these.
The team is dedicated to delivering the highest possible level of customer service and to providing the best possible facilities for its meetings and events clients. Each event has a highly knowledgeable dedicated event coordinator and duty manager which ensures a perfect event each time.