GDPR is set to have a profound impact on meetings and events. It will affect events of all shapes and sizes since the processing of personal data is central to the entire lifecycle.
The spirit of GDPR is to put the security and privacy of personal data at the forefront, for organisations to operate on the principle of “privacy by design” and develop trust and transparency in their relationships with their customers. For Cvent, this is part of our DNA and how we’ve always operated, so we welcome these new regulations and are ready to help our customers comply.
As the leading event technology company in the industry globally, we have nearly 1,000 technology staff building our products and solutions, with over 25 information security specialists dedicated to safeguarding our customers’ information and company resources. We operate 24×7 security monitoring and response, capable of identifying and responding to a breach around the clock.
Cvent has been working hard to ensure that our customers can be compliant come May 25th when using our platform to manage their events. Some of the key updates we’ve made to our systems and processes include:
- New consent field type with built-in timestamps and audit trail
- Secure hotel room block management solution integrated with hotel reservation systems
- Onsite check-in app including additional consent questions and on-demand badge printing
- Consent functionality in mobile app and lead capture solutions
- Process to support timely access and erase requests, maintaining event reporting and statistics
We have produced a range of educational assets to help our customers understand what needs to be done to ensure compliance across their events, including webinars and interactive infographics.
Check our website to view these at www.cvent.com/gdpr