Venue Name: Tobacco Dock
Venue Type: Unique historic venue for 10-10,000 attendees
Venue Contact Name: Vicki Coleman – Head of Sales
Venue Website: tobaccodocklondon.com
- Describe the facilities Tobacco Dock London offer for both event and exhibition organisers.
30 stunning spaces with capacities from 10-2500 pax set in unique grade 1 listed building on the edge of the City. Historic architecture is complemented by state-of-the-art technology including 2GB data connection with over 100 access points and an iBeacon network providing customisable wayfinding and POI capabilities.
- What unique selling points does Tobacco Dock have?
- Iconic architecture
- Flexible spaces providing ideal environments for conferences, awards dinners, expos and parties
- State-of-the-art data infrastructure
- Comprehensive rigging and AV installations
- Delicious catering for all types of events from street food to fine dining
- Excellent public transport links
- Over 500 car parking spaces on site
- Tell us about some of the events that have taken place at Tobacco Dock.
We attract an extremely diverse range of events from conferences and product launches for corporates and brands to some of the biggest global stars in electronic dance music including Ritchie Hawtin and Adam Beyer and nearly everything in between such as the stunning custom bike show, Bikeshed, and foodie events originating in New York such as Meatopia.
We are especially proud to have hosted Wired magazine’s main event for the past 3 years, multiple collection launches for Clark’s, a stunning launch for Nike and the market-leading Festival of Marketing.
- Do you have contractors/suppliers that regularly service your events and if so, how have they lent their particular expertise to the development of your events?
Tobacco Dock has a rosta of approved suppliers covering services such as AV by our fantastic in house team Visual Elements, data communications through Max WiFi, security via EEP and exhibition services from providers such as Index, Freeman and GES. All have contributed to the success of over 400 unique events since the venue’s re-birth in 2012
- How has Tobacco Dock London developed in the last 5 years?
Tobacco Dock was relaunched as a conference and exhibition venue in October 2012 and since then there has been £multi-million investment in unique spaces such as the Great Gallery and Little Gallery, a brand new commercial kitchen, new toilet facilities, one of the fastest data networks in the UK, one of the first iBeacon networks in Europe and over 40,000 sq ft. of co-working space for scaling businesses.
- Are there any plans to develop Tobacco Dock London over the next 5 years?
We will continue to investment 6-figure sums in the venue to preserve its unique grade 1 listed architecture and enhancing facilities to ensure we maintain our position as one of the most sort after and fastest growing venues in London.
- What strategies does Tobacco Dock London employ to support events taking place within it?
First and foremost we invest in the very best team in the event industry recruiting from a diverse range of backgrounds – production companies, leading event agencies, facilities management, other venues and technical companies to deliver a first-class customer experience from enquiry to post-event debrief. Secondly, we work with outstanding approved suppliers who share our values and appetite for excellence. Lastly, re-invest in the venue and its infrastructure based on customer feedback to improve facilities and services that demonstrably improve the overall quality of service and make things easier for our clients. This ensures a repeat booking rate of 83% and increasing every quarter. Our latest initiatives including launching Tobacco Dock Food, our in-house catering offering and developing a range of value-for-money, easy to book packages covering conferences, dinners and drink receptions.